We care about your privacy
We are salaryband, a fast, simple and effective online search engine which provides access to thousands of job openings located on thousands of web pages in a single search and through a single results page, with the purpose of saving you the time it takes to carry out individualised searches of each of said web pages (hereinafter collectively and interchangeably referred to as “salaryband“, “we“, “our” or “us“).
We consider the privacy of people important both to the visitors to our website https://www.salaryband.com and any other domains held by salaryband in connection with this website, application and blog (hereinafter collectively, the “Platform“) and to any other people who may provide us with information through said website and domains, whose data are processed by salaryband as part of our provision of services (hereinafter and jointly, “you” and/or the “user” or “users“).
In this regard, salaryband undertakes to process your data as provided by applicable personal data protection regulations. In particular, salaryband will comply with the provisions of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46EC (hereinafter, the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR“) and any other related regulations which may be in force from time to time.
In any event, users will hold full responsibility for any information which they may provide on the Platform. Should salaryband wish to use said information for purposes other than as explained above, we will inform you of said new purposes and request your consent if necessary.
The user guarantees that the information provided to salaryband is truthful and up to date and undertakes to communicate any changes that may affect his/her status. Furthermore, the user guarantees that he/she has the authority necessary to communicate information belonging to third parties and that he/she has informed said third parties of the personal data processing by salaryband for purposes connected to our services.
1. Who is the data controller?
Contact details of the data controller: salaryband and with contact email address email@example.com.
2. What are the data protection rights of the users?
The users have the following rights:
- The right to request access to their personal data: you may ask salaryband if it is processing your data and, if so, gain access to said data.
- The right to request that said data be rectified if they are inaccurate or completed if incomplete.
- The right to request the erasure of their data.
- The right to request a limited processing of their data: in this case we will only keep your data with a view to exercising or defending any possible claims.
- The right to object to the processing: salaryband will cease to process your personal data except for legitimate reasons and/or in order to exercise or defend any claims.
- The right to the portability of the data: if you wish to have your data processed by a different data controller, salaryband will enable the transfer of said data to the new controller.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on the automated processing of their personal data.
lf you have granted your consent to the processing of your data for a specific purpose, you may withdraw said consent at any time without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing performed prior to said withdrawal.
In any event, all personal data linked to the user’s account, as well as any information and/or content included in his/her profile, will be cancelled as of the time when the user exercises his/her right of erasure. Furthermore, should the user exercise his/her right of erasure in connection with data which are necessary for salaryband to provide the services on the Platform, salaryband will be forced to terminate its relationship with the user and shall therefore unsubscribe him/her and the user will not be entitled to file any claim whatsoever in this respect.
3. How can you file a claim before the European Data Protection Agency?
You may use the forms and models provided by the European Data Protection Agency in connection with the rights referred to above.
Claim filed before the Supervisory Authority: lf you consider that salaryband is processing your data inappropriately, you may address your claim to salaryband or to the relevant Supervisory Authority. In Europe, please refer to the European Data Protection Authority.
4. In what cases do we collect your personal data and what type of data do we collect?
lf you decide to provide us with your personal data, salaryband will gain access to the following:
a) Personal data provided voluntarily by the user:
- Email address
- Geolocation, provided that the user activates this option on his/her device
- Any personal data which the user may send directly to salaryband
b) Personal data which our website collects from your computer or electronic device.
- Cookies, applicable to https://www.salaryband.com and any other domains held by salaryband connected with this website
5. How do we use the personal data of our users?
salaryband hereby communicates to any users applicable that any personal data which they may provide and we may capture will be identified in the Register of Processing Activities held by salaryband, and may be used for the following purposes:
- To register the user and generate a new salaryband user account.
- To enable access to any options requiring registration (e.g., sending CVs or employment applications, accessing options within the account profile, activating custom alerts)
- To respond to consultations or information requests made by the users.
- Provided that you have ticked the relevant box, to keep you informed of our services, activities, projects, updates and new website or application features by means of notices/newsletters sent by email and/or other electronic means.
- Provided that you have ticked the relevant box, to keep you informed, by means of notices/newsletters sent by email and/or other electronic means, of the services and products of our partners in connection with the following sectors: boating, motor, clothing and footwear, publishing, banking and finances, vehicle rental, catering and accommodation, tourism and leisure trips (purchase of trip and tourist packages), cosmetics and personal hygiene, food, consumer goods, technology, companies- creation of smartphone applications addressed to consumers) and non-governmental organisations. The content of said notices will be selected at all times by salaryband and sent to you directly by us.
- If you have ticked the relevant boxes, we may also send you push notifications in connection with our products and services.
- In the case that you have expressly accepted it in the forms authorized for this purpose, to send them to our clients, so they can send you offers related to their products or services.
6. Why do we process your personal data?
salaryband may process your personal data on any of the following legal grounds:
(A) for legitimate commercial purposes;
(B) if it is necessary in connection with the performance of an agreement you are party to;
(C) if it is necessary so that salaryband may comply with its legal and regulatory obligations; and
(D) if you have given your consent to said processing.
|LEGITIMATE COMMERCIAL | PURPOSES OF salaryband||PROCESSING ACTIVITIES|
|– Professional activities of salaryband. |
– Promotion and evaluation of salaryband services.
|– lnteraction with salaryband staff. |
– Response to requests for technical and operational information regarding the Platform, as well as requests for information on the services offered by salaryband.
– ldentify you and contact you as a user.
|MANAGEMENT AND PERFORMANCE OF AN AGREEMENT|
|In order to deal with your subscription on our Platform as provided by the Legal Notice or deal with any other documents subscribed by the user.|
|LEGAL AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE|
|Comply with any obligations applicable from time to time.|
|Given by the user himself/herself in connection with the collection and processing of his/her personal data.|
|Transparency in the absence of local regulations.|
7. Who may gain access to your personal data?
Depending on the purpose of collection of your personal data, said information may be accessed by the following persons without distinction:
- Staff authorised by salaryband or its representatives acting on behalf of salaryband, subject to applicable personal data protection law.
- Regulatory authorities or other third parties as provided far by applicable law.
- Third-party service providers which may process information as personal data processors under the instructions of salaryband, upon applying any measures necessary to ensure that we may share said information under enforceable data protection law.
8. Where are your personal data processed?
salaryband is based in Hong Kong. salaryband stores data in various locations worldwide so as to provide the fastest possible service . Regardless of the place where your personal data may be collected or processed, salaryband will ensure that service providers keep all administrative, technical and physical security measures as may be appropriate to protect your information.
For more information on the use of model agreements by salaryband, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. How do we protect your personal data?
salaryband has security measures in place to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, or inappropriately altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those who need to process that information for business reasons. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected information security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach as appropriate and in accordance with our legal obligations.
However, despite the diligent implementation of such measures, the user must know that Internet security measures are not impregnable.
10. How long will we keep your personal data?
The criteria we follow in this regard are determined by:
- The purpose of the personal data collected and compliance with said purpose.
- The reasons for the collection of the personal data: e.g., you may revoke your consent at any time.
- Compulsory storage times under contractual and regulatory provisions.
Please note that in some cases salaryband has the obligation to retain certain personal data of the users.
Professionals working with salaryband who may intervene in any way in the services provided to the user undertake not to disclose or use the information they may gain access to. In any event, any information provided by the user will be considered confidential and may not be used for purposes other than the management of the user account and/or the services engaged with salaryband, if any. In this regard, we undertake not to disclose information regarding the purposes of the user, the information requested or the duration of our relationship with the user.
12. Social networks
salaryband is present in some of the main social networks on the Internet, where it acts as data controller in connection with personal data published by salaryband.
salaryband will process personal data on each social network in accordance with the rules established by the relevant social network to such end. Therefore, except as otherwise stated, salaryband may inform its followers on each social network of its activities, events and related matters, including follower services, through the channels provided by the social network for such purpose.
salaryband will not collect personal data from social networks except otherwise expressly agreed to by the user.
13. Special category of personal data
We will neither collect nor process any personal data which may be especially sensitive or included in the special category of user personal data, unless said data have been provided explicitly. Special personal data categories include information related to race/ethnicity, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, membership in trade unions, genetic data, biometric data used for exclusive purposes of identification of an individual, health data, sexual lite or sexual orientation.
14. Policy regarding the use of the Platform by children The Platform is not designed for or addressed to children under sixteen (16) years of age, who may not use it without an authorisation of their parents or legal guardians. In this regard, we do not collect information from persons under said age deliberately. In any event, if any parents or legal guardians believe that their children have provided us with personal data without their consent, they should let us know by writing to email@example.com.
15. Direct marketing
lf, at any time, you wish to stop receiving commercial or promotional information from salaryband or third parties, you may unsubscribe from direct marketing campaigns processing of your personal data far said purposes, free of charge, by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by pressing the opt-out button on the subject field of the email. You may also use the opt-out procedure provided in any promotional message received from salaryband.
Please note that, even if you decide not to subscribe or if you decide to unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails or newsletters, we may need to continue contacting you in connection with important information of a non-commercial nature, such as problem solving, inactivity or lack of use, detection and prevention of errors or, in general, compliance with the Terms of Service and operational procedures of the Platform.
16. Automated decision-making
salaryband integrates the content of the various classified ads websites in our Platform and directs quality traffic to their advertisements. Furthermore, we are capable of generating additional traffic by sending the right advert to the right user at the right time, through our native advertising products.
17. Links to other websites, applications or platforms
18. Amendments to and integrity of our Policy Privacy
China Hong Kong City,
33 Canton Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui,
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Last updated: Feb 14, 2020