Software Engineer Salary in Canada
20% Low Band Avg
80% High Band Avg
Salaries based on experience level
The Average Entry Level salary of Software Engineer in Canada is CAD $63K/yr, this salary increases 16% to $73K/yr when reach Mid Level Career.
From Mid to Senior Level the average salary increases 13% from $73K/yr to $83K/yr.
Salary Compared to Canada National Average Salary
- Software Engineer in Canada Salary
- Canada National Average Salary
The Average Salary of Software Engineer in Canada is $66K/yr. This is +4% higher ($2,711) compared to Canada national average salary of $63K/yr.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Overview/Summary of the role:
A software engineer is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and testing software applications. They work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure that software solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and end-users. A software engineer plays an essential role in creating user-friendly, reliable, and high-performance software for businesses and organizations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Design, develop, and test software applications using programming languages such as Java, C++, Python, and Ruby.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop software solutions that meet the company’s business requirements.
• Write clean, readable and maintainable code that adheres to software engineering best practices.
• Perform code reviews and provide feedback to other developers.
Interviewer: Good morning, can you tell me a little about your software engineering experience?
Candidate: Sure, I have been working as a software engineer for the past five years, primarily in web development and coding in Java and Python.
Interviewer: What kind of projects have you worked on before?
Candidate: I have worked on a variety of projects ranging from e-commerce websites to building mobile applications for clients.
Interviewer: How do you go about debugging or troubleshooting an issue in your code?
Candidate: First, I make sure to review the code and log files to determine the root cause of the issue. From there, I use debugging tools as needed to isolate and address the problem.
The highest salary for Software Engineer in Canada can be found in Coquitlam, followed by Calgary 2nd, and Abbotsford 3rd.